Dental Therapy Dogs
Comfort for Anxious Patients
Having a therapy dog in your office may provide a multitude of benefits to your patients as well as your practice as a whole.
Why a Therapy Dog?
Studies show interacting with animals for anxiety will:
- Lower blood pressure and heart rate
- Lower the stress hormone cortisol
- Release good hormones like serotonin and oxytocin
- Lessen the need for high doses of anxiety medication
- Ease fear and anxiety
How will my practice benefit?
- Relaxing and positive environment for patients and staff
- Patients will be excited to come to the dentist to interact with the dog
- Marketing the presence of a therapy dog increases patient retention
- Increase Social Media presence with Patient posts
What can I expect getting a dog from Unleashed Academy?
- Staff training
- Lifetime of support
- In-office training
- A breed of dog with more hypoallergenic qualities
- A certified dental therapy dog